The first time I actually heard of it I was a bit skeptical thinking that coca - cola
definitely does not make a typical cooking ingredient but once I've tasted it ...
I was blown away!
All caramelized and sweet, the juicy chicken wings were 'Finger Lickin' Good!' :)
Here's the recipe for you to try!
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 can of coca-cola
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- soya sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- Oil for shallow frying
Cooking Method :
1. Marinade the chicken wings in some soya sauce ( overnight )
2. Heat some oil in a big pan which will fit all the chicken wings
3. Add the garlic and onion
4. Add the chicken wings - and fry until golden and the onions are soft
5. Then add the can of coca-cola and reduce the heat
6. Leave to simmer for about 30-40 min or until the coca-cola has evaporated
and left the chicken wings all soft and caramelised.
yummmmmmmmm...... once ready, serve with rice and some 'tung choi' (morning glory)
Okay, another recipe to make a delicious home-made meal!
Making me hungry already!
- Morning Glory ( from Chinese Supermarket )
- A small handful of dried shrimps
- Fish Sauce
- Finely chopped red chillies
- Chopped Garlic
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Add the garlic, dried shrimps and chillies
- Add the Morning Glory
- Stir-fry and when almost done, season with a little Fish Sauce
( ! be careful not to put too much as Fish Sauce is really really salty! )
And Voila!! :) Morning Glory is ready!!
* * * Enjoy ! * * *
Coca-Cola Chicken Wings