Photobucket La Porte des Indes

I believe that my love for food definitely grew stronger during the several 
occasions when dining out with my dad during his visits to London. 
And you have to know, my dad is the one who has introduced me to fine 
dining since a very young age and he is my Hero! :)

Thanks to my dad, I came to know about the well kept secret of 
"La Porte des Indes Restaurant", an oasis of a place, located in a little 
street off oxford street in Marble Arch.

As starters, only the best: Tandoori grilled king prawns - juicy and full of flavours.



















For mains, a wonderful fish seasoned and wrapped up in a banana leaf 
and then steamed - served with some tomato and chilli paste. 
What can I say? The flesh of that fish just melts in the mouth.



With a selection of side dishes to accompany the fish and with some pilau rice,  
the meal was complete!
{Stir fried Okra - Chicken Tikka Massala - Lamb Rogan Josh -Aubergine Curry}



Of course, no fine dining ends without having dessert :) 
The waiters convinced us to take a few and I was surprised that 
they had such a selection!!



I'm not usually a big fan of Indian dessert, but the Mango Kulfi 
just took my breath away! You definitely need to give it a try !
All in all, the food at La Porte des Indes was memorable. 
Very tasty and for indian food, it is gastronomy and definitely worth it!




LA PORTE DES INDES
32 Bryanston Street
Marble Arch - London
W1H 7EG 
    Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...