Photobucket Tonight it's Linguini Time!

For a rapid dinner meal, PASTA is the obvious option!

Boil pasta - Make the sauce ( white sauce or tomato sauce ) - Mix and it's done!



This time, I had to make the sauce with whatever I had in my fridge ... and I had bacon!
Or ... I only had bacon in my fridge ... so even this way, pasta was my easy choice for a quick dinner!

This is how I made it ...

Photobucket

Ingredients:
- Linguini (250g)
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup of milk
- a pack of bacon
- 2-3 tablespoon of pesto sauce { I had some left in my little pot }
- grated cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste

Method :
- Boil the Linguini - add a pinch of salt in the water
- Boil for about 3-5 minutes or until just done - be careful to avoid over cooking the linguini ...

Then:
- In a frying pan, add some oil
- Once hot enough, add the chopped onions and the bacon to fry
- Add the Pesto sauce
- When bacon is cooked, add the tablespoon of flour
- Mix well to cook the flour which will absorb all the oil
- Slowly add some milk and keep stirring to avoid lumps from forming
- Gradually add the rest of the milk, stirring constantly until a thick sauce is formed
- The sauce is now almost ready - add some cheese to melt - then season to taste with salt and pepper
{ I usually also add some chilli flakes to add a bit of Oumpf! to the sauce! }
And the sauce is now ready!

>  Plate the linguini on the serving dish {plate}
>  Spoon the sauce on top
>  Grate a little cheese on top and Voila!

Serve with Garlic Bread or Fresh Leafy Salad if desired.

Bon Appetit!!

Deliciously Yours,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...