Photobucket My Birthday Celebration @ AQUA

Yesterday was my annual special day - My Birthday!



To celebrate, Mr. A took me to a Restaurant I had yet to try: AQUA KYOTO
part of the well known AQUA Restaurant Group in Hong Kong, now in London.



Set on top of London's most iconic buildings along Regent Street, 
AQUA London is a destination for exquisite dining experience of cutting edge cuisines 
with very chic interiors. 

As soon as we made it into the entrance welcomed by a suited ' body guard' like host 
and we were promptly directed to the lift which took us to the 5th floor 
where AQUA KYOTO was located. 

As we stepped out of the lift, we were immediately greeted by 
very well groomed hostesses who offered to take our coats and 
then accompanied us to our table. 

AQUA KYOTO offers a very cool Japanese atmosphere in the heart of London 
and as we walked to our table, we passed the already buzzing stylish bar,  
the Fabulous sunken sushi bar and the famous sumibiyaki charcoal grill.

The Sunken Sushi Bar 


























The atmosphere was great and in such lovely company, I was in for a memorable experience!  
Cheers to that!!

Virgin Cocktails :p 

























































Because sometimes {or most of the time! } pictures say so much more than words 
can described, I shall share with you highlights of my incredible 
AQUA KYOTO experience via snapshots taken 
as we slowly indulged in heavenly dishes!

Dobin Mushi - Prawns,scallop & mushroom soup served in a traditional Japanese teapot








Simple, but presented as such, takes this dish to a whole other level!

Soft Shell Crab Tempura 











My other half enjoying drinking soup in a teacup - just like taking a shot of tequila! haha!





aqua kyoto saiko miso black cod


What can I say? You just gotta try it for yourself! 
The perfectly grilled black cod was full of flavour. 
The smokiness from the grill, the sweetness of the glaze and the softness of the flesh
 ... hmmm...   heavenly combination!

From the grill section, we also tried the Teri Oyako Yaki 
- Baby chicken 'oyako' yaki -

My wonderful fiance and the baby chicken :) 


Of course, you cannot be having Japanese without some sushi!

Ebi tempura maki sushi topped with grilled eel

For dessert, we had the sesame and macha {green tea} ice cream which 
came with a crisp slice of star fruit which made the dessert presentation so stylish!


An amazing experience thanks to my Wonderful fiancé! 
Oh and I forgot to mention about my present! :p




Tadaaaaa!! Now that I've got the book ... 
I can tell him to follow the recipe instead of me running to the HB Bakery! hihi!!

I've had an amazing evening with my other half and would recommend AQUA Kyoto 
anytime to anyone looking for a special and trendy Japanese destination in London.

Although we did not spend time at the Bar, it looked very welcoming and stylish, 
perfect for sophisticated me { I tend to think! } (^.^)

With the bonus of having a roof terrace overlooking Regent's street, if it wasn't so cold, 
I would definitely be having a cup of infusion tea there but I guess 
I'll wait till the temperature rises more { much more even!} to do that!

Well lit Roof Terrace


So a second visit is definitely to be planned - most likely in the month of June - July!

AQUA KYOTO
5th Floor, 
240 Regent Street
{Entrance on 30 Argyll Street }
London W1H 7EB
      Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...