Photobucket Birthday Brunch at Aubaine - Heddon Street


On Sunday, we celebrated my Birthday (yey!) with some of my friends
at AUBAINE for a lunch / brunch. A place I was meant to be trying out as recommended 
by a Friend, another Foodie, who knows of the places to eat! 

To my surprise however, after having done my booking at Aubaine on Heddon Street,
he pointed out that he loves AUBAINE located in Old Compton Road only... 
Too late though. The booking was done and we were just gonna have to see for ourselves!

AUBAINE 


As I walked into the little street leading to the Restaurant off busy Regent Street,
Aubaine gave a very welcoming picture with its very French feel exterior and 
interior which could be seen through the big glass windows.

Since we had a private room for the event, our party unfortunately took 
place in the basement area but it was still a very well 
decorated and fit for private event.

Food wise, I would say that it was ok. Not amazingly Superb ... simply ok.

For starters, I chose the 'Eggs Benedict' which I was told was sublime
 ... hmm... A little disappointing, sublime it wasn't ...
But the egg was perfectly poached so I could not complain.
The hollandaise sauce was thick and creamy and I wished the piece of 
toast at the bottom was a toasted brioche just the way I like it!
 Ah! Room for improvement!!
And maybe served with some greens for some balance??
The Chef should definitely be taking some tips over here!!  ;)




Once our starters served, we were also brought beautiful tin baskets of different
kind of slices of breads which they 'home' bake themselves everyday and this
was a treat! Just by the look of the selection, you can tell that they were tasty!
Some with nuts, some with raisins, some plain, some soft and others crispy.
We were spoilt for choice!



Next, it was time for our mains. A nice selection was available.

The Best Choice of The Day! It has to be the MEAT dish! 
 The Rib Eye Steak proved to be a favourite! 
The ones who didn't choose it, wished they did ( I certainly did!!) 
Looks so tasty with the bearnaise sauce and the crispy shallots 
accompanying the rocket salad. A beautifully presented dish!

The Fish option - Wild Seabass 
Not the most popular choice, only one of my friends selected the 
Wild Seabass dish and sadly, it did not impress!

Moules Mariniere 
 The Mussels mariniere, my choice, looked great!
It smelled nice and also tasted nice. 
Served with the French Fries to dip into the sauce I was content ... 
but not overwhelmed ... 
I was still eying the Rib Eye Steak next to me! hihi!! 
I hope my neighbour friend did not mind me too much!! :p

Last but not least, another option was to go for the Aubaine Burger.



Feedback was also good, but I could tell it was not the best burger in the world!

For dessert, being a Birthday Brunch, of course we had to have A Birthday Cake!



All I had told the Chef Patissier was that I liked strawberries and chocolate
 ... and he just worked his magic ...

After all the singing and making my yearly birthday wish, 
we cut into the beautiful and delicious cake!



It was a white chocolate mousse with chunks of strawberries over a vanilla 
genoise sponge layer with a coating of gelatine as a glaze on top. 
This little piece of sweetness was certainly the star of the day!

My Birthday Brunch at AUBAINE thus ended on a high and happy note 
and I was very thankful for being so blessed, with loved ones!

Aubaine has not scored very high on my Ratings this time but I will 
definitely give it a second chance by visiting its sister branch
 in Old Compton Street, maybe not for brunch ... but just simple afternoon tea!

AUBAINE
4 Heddon Street
London W1B 4BS 
     Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...